I work in the housing industry which everyone knows, is in a crisis. It's hard to feel secure when the word "crisis" is attached to your livelihood. Luckily, we are a small mortgage company and though many companies have had to shut their doors, we are getting by. But, getting a loan done is MUCH harder and it seems this crisis will get worse before it gets better.

They are talking about a "credit freeze" now and there already many people whose homes are in foreclosure. Too many people bought homes they couldn't really afford and I feel sorry for some of these people, but there are many people who lived way above their means for way too long and now it is catching up to them. Why should we have to bail them out?
I've always tried to live within my means. I've lived in my humble little house for 16 years. Many people sneer and give me crap because I stay. I could have moved long ago, and perhaps should have, but currently I am extremely grateful for my frugal, paranoid ways. I don't own a big, new house. I don't drive a fancy car. I don't have pictures from my last exotic vacation to show you because I haven't been on a vacation in years. I don't have large debts but I DO have a lot of equity in my home and money in my savings account and that is nice to know!

Mason took his driving test yesterday and failed because he yielded at a railroad crossing instead of coming to a complete stop. I am trying to remain upbeat for Mason's sake but I am disheartened. I guess we try again another day (and mutter swear words under our breath)
No comments:
Post a Comment