Here is a picture of my recent harvest, minus the zucchini's which were too large and numerous to fit in my basket. Our garden didn't do very well this year. I blame the cold spring/hot summer. It's only been in the last few weeks that we've had enough tomatoes to actually do anything with. Though, we have a TON of zucchini so if you have a hankering for any, come on over!
Introducing our lone Cantaloupe. We waited all summer for one to appear...and yes, I realize it will probably die long before it's ready to eat but Tony and I were still happy to finally see an actual fruit on the vine. I am constantly trying new recipes. Most I find of which I find on: www.allrecipes.com. Though none of you asked, I thought I would occasionally share some of the recipes that make the cut into my permanent recipe file. I love salsa, and found this recipe simple, yet delicious.
Super Summer Salsa
aka "Cowboy Salsa"
Submitted by: CCRINAZ
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 32 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 10 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings
"This is a different, sweet salsa that is perfect for summer and receives rave reviews! It stars sweet white corn and black beans, with red onion, red pepper, sugar, and the crisp tang of rice wine vinegar. Serve with chips."
INGREDIENTS:
2 (10 ounce) cans sweet white
corn
1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans
1/2 red onion, chopped 1 red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
salt to taste
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, stir together drained corn, and beans, onion, red pepper, and sugar. Stir in rice wine vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
I also added chopped cilantro, tomatoes, and jalapenos. (all from my garden) The additions made it a sweet/spicy mix and thus, even more delicious!

I can't believe it is almost Friday again. This week has flown by, but that is not a bad thing.
Callie's crying has diminished but not yet disappeared.
I noticed that I don't talk much about Cortland. I guess because he has always been my sweet, low maintenance child. Let me assure you, he is alive and well. He is an excellent student and doing great in all of his classes (as usual).
Mason should be getting his first paycheck soon and already knows exactly what he is going to spend it on. Guitar accessories of course!
We really need to get his permanent driver's license and find him a car. This chauffeur thing is killing me :< Sasha's eye is much better. I am relieved, but the vet said she will most likely always have the scar. I guess that's not a big deal. It doesn't appear to affect her vision. We still have to medicate her twice a day and visit the vet every few days to make sure it's healing properly. I am hoping Saturday will be our last check up.
No comments:
Post a Comment