Bumble

Monday, September 22, 2008

When I grow up....

I still haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up, but we can check dog groomer off the list.

I tried to take Sasha to a professional groomer this weekend because she had Grinch feet and as you can see in the "before" picture, she could barely see.



Unfortunately, the line at Petsmart was HUGE and it cost $44 for just a basic trim. So, I thought “how hard can it be?” Well, if you remember me describing my attempt at medicating the little dear, you can imagine how she reacted to scissors and a electic razor coming at her.

Callie and Tony tried to hold Sasha, but she wiggled so much when I was trimming her that she has bald spots next to long hairs, next to another bald spot. Up close it looks like a bad cause of the mange and that is not the look I was going for. I was trying to give her a "Teddy Bear" cut. That is what groomers call it in the 'biz. I know this because I watched several "How to groom your dog" videos on Youtube hoping to absorb their wisdom and steady hand before I even dug the trimmer out. Alas, knowing and doing are two different things...

Here is a picture of the end result:



This picture does not do justice to how terrible she looks in person. Please note the white stripe down the center of her forehead. Tony thought she looked like Stripe, the head Gremlin in the Gremlin movie. Can you see the resemblance?

Ha! Ha!

The lesson I've learned is that though some things look easy, they are not. And sometimes things seem expensive, but they are worth every penny.

I realize that Sasha's hair will grow back and when it does, I will take her to a professional groomer to get a proper hair cut. Until then, we wait until her hair grows out enough that I am not ashamed to show her face in public. Poor little bugga...

No comments: