Bumble

Friday, September 12, 2008

Sooooo THERE

Did I say things were finally going better? Well...I guess it was just a lull in the chaos and insanity.

Mason and Callie are both having a nervous breakdown. My friend Becky always says she is "So THERE" when she is stressed. I never really understood where "there" was, but now I do because I am "there". I guess there is only so much sobbing and hearing "I want to kill myself" one person can take?

Mason is completely over-whelmed by life. He hasn't been sleeping or eating. He looks like hell and I think it's safe to say, he's pretty much lost it.
I finally told him, if his job was making him that miserable, he needed to call his boss and tell him that today was going to have to be his last day. A $7 an hour is not worth your sanity! I also called his doctor and told him what was going on and he called in something that *should* help. We shall see...

Callie was doing much better this week and hadn't cried for days. Then her locker jammed and she had four different people (including the Principal) trying to get her locker open. No one could do it, so they ended up having to reset her lock. Obviously, this made her late to her next class which was science. Fortunately, the Principal had written Callie a note about why she was late. But Callie's beastly science teacher told Callie that she didn't care why she was late. Late was late and she marked her tardy and acted like Callie had done it solely to annoy her.

Of course, this upset Callie greatly. She said she hated her teacher anyway, but that was the final straw and she wanted to talk to a counselor and transfer out of her class. Sounds simple enough right? Wrong! The counselor basically said that Callie needed to learn to deal with it and that the Counselor would now need to "talk to the teacher to get her side of it" Um hello! How is that going to help!?! Transfer her or don't transfer her but talking to her teacher about it is only going to make matters worse. I really, REALLY hate that junior high school. Callie has cried so much the last two days that I began to wonder if she was going to wash us all away in sea of tears like Alice in Wonderland.


One of my favorite quotes is:

Just for today I will be happy. Just for today I will try to live through this day only, not to tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do things for twelve hours that would appall me if I had to keep them up for a lifetime. Just for today.

Sybyl F. Partridge


Great advice, isn't it? I have had to keep reminding Callie and myself that we just have to get through today. We will worry about tomorrow, and all of it's potential problems, tomorrow. Let's just make it through today.

Breathe in...Breathe out...

Wax on! Wax off!

Unfortunately, no one ever listens to me (including myself)

1 comment:

scrapcat said...

Sorry you're life's in the shitter! I can empathize...if it would help send your kids down for a weekend! Maybe a change of scenery would help?? Love you - Hang in there, baby!