
Is it just me or are people getting exceedingly aggressive and rude on the road? I almost witnessed two accidents this week. In both cases the reckless person who nearly hit someone else was furious at the other, innocent vehicle. There were hand gestures, wild honking and tail gating. Why? They were the ones who almost caused the wreck so why were they angry? It was alarming and upsetting. I don't know if it is because the state of our nation or what, but it makes me not want to drive or mingle with the angry hordes of humanity AT ALL. I am stressed too but I am not going to drive into someone then scream at them for being in the way of my erratic vehicle.
Mason has not been able to re-take his driving range test yet, but I've decided that is a good thing. I don't want him on the road with the crazies anyway! The traffic congestion, crime and the infulx of undesirables are making me miss the small town I grew up in. There wasn't a lot of traffic or even traffic lights in Spanish Fork, or as we locals like to say "Spanish Fark". The roads were spacious and the speed limit low. I never needed to know street addresses, we learned to navigate by turning left at the Bishops house, then past the rail road tracks, and left at the pasture. And sure, you may hit a cow,

but you didn't have to worry about drive by shootings!
Sometimes I wonder if should leave the big city and return to the simple life. But realistically, I know that there are pros and cons any where you live. Besides, my small town isn't so small anymore. So though I ponder the thought of moving, I always come back to the realization that we've built our life here and for the most part it is a good life. As long as you watch your back and stay on your toes!
No comments:
Post a Comment