I got off work and I walked in the door, thinking "Ahhh, home at last!" and I hear Tony and Katie arguing. Apparently, Katie had flipped off her 6th grade teacher and then a "yelling match" between Katie and her teacher had ensued. Well, that was what was written on the suspend notice anyway (forgive me, I snickered at that) and was suspended which meant she spent the day in the Principal's office after the "incident". Also, she had brought home her report card which reflected 11 missing assignments and less than stellar grades so Tony was understandably unhappy. Still, you walk in on tears and yelling you know that the night is not going to be fun.
I didn't even make it up two stairs before I was informed that the dog had vomited on my light tan carpet. Well I guess that terrible concoction that looked like pureed black beans was vomit but honestly, I didn't stare at it long enough to determine the exact nature of the mess or from which end of the dog it had come. I just cleaned it up because apparently, I am the only one qualified to do so. GRRRRR
The vomit had obviously been there for awhile, long enough to soak in and stain the carpet but no one had noticed until moments before I walked in the door. Uh HUH how convenient.
The good news is, I pulled out my beloved "Spot Bot"

and put it to work and two cycles later (you set it down over the spot and push "Start" and it does all the work) the mess was gone. Yippee! If you've ever pondered purchasing the Bissell Spot Bot while shopping BUY IT. It's truly a life (and carpet) saver if you have kids and/or dogs and I love, love, LOVE it.
Tony was home from work tonight because he's felt sick since yesterday. After yelling match #2 for Katie today (this one with Tony) Tony and I went up to sit on our deck so he could calm down and tell me what happened with Katie. Mid-sentence, Tony leaned over and threw up in a bucket that happened to be on our deck. Niiiice. Can I run away yet? The theme of the day seems to be "Vomit Olympics"
There was good news tonight however, Mason was notified that he got an "A" in quarter 3 of his make up English class that he took online.AN "A"!!!
I was so thrilled and proud. But, he still has another quarter to make up that he just started tonight. And even worse, we were notified on April 14 that all of his make up work needed to be turned in by April 15th in order for the work to be counted for the final term. WHAT THE!??!? And why was I being told the day before the work was DUE??? I also found out that same day that Mason had failed his History class for the current term. ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS!? I FAH-REAKED out. I yelled, I ranted, I swore, I threatened and I *think* my head may have even spun around a few times...
Apparently, my verbal whipping/guilt trip worked because Mason went to school the next day and picked up the make up History packet (For a mere $35 dollars *scowl*) and he also talked to his counselor about still needing to finish an entire quarter of English. His counselor was very nice and told Mason to just keep working as hard and as fast as he could and he could still try to finish up in time to graduate with his class. And Mason has been working hard. It's totally plausible that he will be done within a few weeks and he can still hopefully graduate in June. I have never seen Mason so determined and despite the strong urge to kill him on an occasion, I am very proud of him. When he graduates, we are having a huge party to celebrate so plan on attending.
1 comment:
I want a spot bot! Where, how much? I have HORRIBLE dogs. I hate them almost as much as I love them.
Post a Comment