I forgot to add a funny tidbit to my last blog. Katie had a homework assignment to make a family crest. She drew a sheild that was divided into four sections where she colored some things that she likes to do with her family. Under the sheild she wrote "The Knallan" family. That is our little inside joke, it is our last names "Allan" & "Knaus" combined. Katie also had to include a family motto at the bottom so she put in big black letters "Try a Little Harder to do a Little Better" which is a decent family motto but not anything anyone in our house has ever said so I asked Katie about it and she said that is something her step-dad says a lot. Fair enough...
Looking closer, I noticed that Katie had written across the top of the crest lightly:
"That's What SHE Said"
I squinted to make sure I was reading it right and I asked Katie, "Why did you write that?" And she said "Because that's the real Knallan motto" I laughed and said "Katie, you better take that off. You are going to get into trouble" but she wouldn't.
The sad thing is...that probably really would be our family motto. Only due to the amount of times I hear those words come out of one of my kids mouths. Shame on the Knallan's!
*snicker* :)
No comments:
Post a Comment