Cort's glasses came in yesterday. He was excited. He says that wearing them is like seeing the world in HD and he looks cute in them too! (The circle of nerds is complete) 
This is a slate table I found at Ross for $29 little dollars that I put in the downstairs hall because it needed some personality. I love it! I bought the mirror above it for only $15 dollars but the frame didn't match so I spray painted it black. You probably can't see it, unless you click on the picture, but Cortland made the ceramic bowl on the table that we use for knick knacks. It matches perfectly and I absolutely adore it.
Thanks to everyone who voiced their opinion about the fireplace mantel. We decided to keep it white. Partly because we got used to it after a week, and partly because the majority of you liked it just the way it is so it's back attached to the wall. Last weekend's project was to add crown moulding. It helps tie in the white mantel, don't you think?? 
The kids are out of school today, tomorrow and Monday for Spring break. Cortland and Katie had friends sleep over last night, and tonight Callie is having Mackenzie sleep over (as seen above, they were in the way when I was trying to take a picture for the blog ha ha)
I have stacks of new shingles sitting on my roof waiting for a couple of decent days so the roofing contractor can install them. I am not excited about getting a new roof like I would be about a bathroom or kitchen remodel but it will be nice to have it done and not have to worry about it anymore.
Today I was leaving work to meet my friend for lunch. I got in my car and was pulling out of the parking lot but realized my windows were all foggy and I couldn't see anything. So, I rolled down my window about 6 inches to let some air in and a car drove by and somehow, against the laws of physics, managed to send a huge WAVE of dirty, cold, water hurtling into my car.
I was front row at the Shamu show in Sea World DRENCHED. My hair was soaked, there was water dripping off my nose and glasses, my shirt and pants were soggy and I had pools of water on my coat. It all happened so fast that I literally didn't even know what hit me and I gasped around in shock for a few minutes before I realized what had occured but once I did, I burst into laughter. I would have LOVED to see the look on my face when that wave hit me. When I walked into the restaurant, soaked and bedraggled, my friend gasped "WHAT HAPPENED!?!" and I told her my story and she laughed and laughed and kept saying "I am so sorry I am laughing but how could that even happen?" I said "I don't know, but keep your windows rolled up at all times!!" With all of the snow on the ground you would think it was more like winter break instead of spring break. Tony joked that we would be building snowmen instead of looking for easter eggs Sunday if this trend continues. Which brings to mind this funny headline I saw the other day:
Dear Winter, I'm afraid it's just not working out between us. I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Love (not really), Me
Yes Winter, quit being a stalker. You have had your time, now GO
Happy Easter loved ones!!
1 comment:
Cortland's glasses look a lot like Braedon's.
Your Shamu story made me laugh...what are the odds that that would happen?!!
Post a Comment