Bumble

Monday, November 3, 2008

Xanax, Stalkers and Burritos...OH MY!!!

Yesterday my family was celebrating my niece's birthday/baptism and my Mom's birthday. My sister Denise was hosting a brunch at her house to celebrate both events. I got up early to make some some carmel sticky buns and we drove to Salem for the party.

As we were pulling in, I noticed a Toyota Land cruiser that looked exactly like my ex's, the Stalker. My heart started to beat fast because I always worry about him showing up where I am. Usually, I'm just being paranoid, but after being stalked for years, one develops a justifiable paranoia. I was just about to call my sister and ask if it was his vehicle, but her and her kids ran out to greet us. I was happy to see them but before I could open my mouth my panicked sister said "Tim is here." and I said "What? Why?" and she said "I have NO idea! I didn't invite him! He just showed up a few minutes ago at the door. I was stunned but managed to stammer "Then we are leaving." I handed her the rolls and we headed back to the car.

I was so furious that I was shaking. I didn't know whether I should cry or scream. Numbly, I started texting my family to see who had invited Stalker so I could disown them. But, everyone said "It wasn't me." The more I thought about it, I realized it was quite possible that no one invited him. Psycho probably heard someone in my family talking about it and just decided to show up. He's done that before but WHY??? He's been told that he is not to contact me by any means or show up where I am. So why would he put us or himself in that position? I've been asking why he does it for years but still have no answer. He is INSANE and nothing he does makes sense.

As we were leaving I ran into my niece Elaine. Elaine saw how upset I was and offered me a Xanax to help calm me down. I've never taken a Xanax but my sisters take them all the time so I said "Sure, thanks." Elaine broke one in half and said "Just take half if you've never had one before" I took it and it calmed me down alright....calmed me right into a coma!

Cortland took this lovely picture of me. Apparently, I was snoring loudly too. Yeeeesh. I look dead...and awful.

We decided to go eat because we were hungry and obviously we were not going to be able to eat with my family because of my #@$*%!& Stalker.

We went to one of my Utah county favorites, La Casita in Springville. My kids were afraid because it looks like a dive, but the dives always have the best food, don't they?






MMMM Margarita! Lunch at La Casita was good and I even managed to stay awake, though the rest of the day is a wonky blur. No more Xanax for me!

After lunch my sister called and said that the coast was clear. Stalker man, (who had inexplicably worn a suit to the get together?) had left. So we returned and at last, were able to spend some time with MY family.

It was a nice day, so Cortland took a ride on the dirt bike and Callie and Liza rode the four wheeler.

The kids had fun but my day was pretty much ruined :(

No comments: