Bumble

Thursday, November 6, 2008

What have I gotten myself into?

You're probably asking yourself, what will Karla be doing tonight at midnight? Well wonder no more, Cortland and I will be in the parking lot of Gamestop freezing our butts off...Yeeeeehaw!

Why? Because I naively agreed to take him to pick up his Gears of War 2 game when it was released. Cort is a good kid, who doesn't ask for much and it's paid for, so why not? Note to self: ALWAYS ask more questions. I found out the game will be released tonight at Midnight. Apparently, some people plan to arrive much earlier so they can get a good place in line. What?! Who?! Why!? Long lines of rabid fans? Midnight? It's going to be 27 degrees tonight, are these people INSANE!?!?!

I asked Cort why he can't wait until tomorrow to pick up the game but apparently there is a special freebie for those who come in tonight which Cortland is dying to have. I visited Gamestop.com to see what was so special. This is what they had to say about this illustrious event:

Customers who purchase "Gears of War 2" at the events will receive an Xbox LIVE token for an exclusive in-game downloadable gold-plated Hammerburst for use in multiplayer gameplay and "Gears of War 2" Xbox LIVE Theme tokens, while supplies last. These tokens will not be available beyond the night of launch.

That's right folks, you heard correctly. THE GOLDEN HAMMERBUSRT token! I'm freezing my butt off, waiting in a long line, jostling for position with nerdy gamers, and staying up WAY past my bedtime to earn a token for a "golden" gun? A TOKEN to download an animated gun? Are you kidding me with this people?? Oh sorry, it's not a just gun....it's a GOLD-PLATED HAMMERBURST. That makes all of the sacrifices worthwhile doesn't it?

Argh. I wish somebody would shoot me with a Golden Hammerburst right now.

1 comment:

Abbey Harper said...

Just as an FYI, you will soon be sleeping over at your local ticket seller's so you can get the "most awesome tickets ever!" Erica made my mom sleep over at Smith's (without her) to get New Kids On The Block.