Lately, I’ve been on a infamous people or incidents kick. Here are some of the things I've recently researched:
Timothy Treadwell
aka “Grizzly man” who spent 13 summers living alongside wild Grizzlies in Alaska, but ended up being eatin alive by one of his beloved Grizzly bears. *shudder* http://www.yellowstone-bearman.com/Tim_Treadwell.html
I researched Lizzie Borden, who despite popular opinion and a catchy rhyme (Lizzie Borden took and axe…she gave her mother 40 whacks….when she found what she had done, she gave her father 41!) was found NOT guilty for the murders of her father and step mother. Betcha’ didn’t know that did you? http://www.prairieghosts.com/lizzie.html

I’ve also read the true story behind the new Angelina Jolie “Changeling” movie.
My latest interest; Joseph Smith.

I was raised LDS so I thought I had a pretty good idea what he was all about but I was wrong. I haven't considered myself LDS for a long time, but the history of the church was still fascinating. Surprisingly, or NOT surprisingly, depending on who you ask, the reality was very different than what I was taught. I’m obsessed. I keep reading, referencing and clicking on different links. I bet the majority of the people who consider themselves “good” LDS have no idea about many of the controversial things that went on.
Any suggestions for my next Google? I also love documentaries and have been watching a lot of them so let me know if you have any recommendations there too.
No comments:
Post a Comment