Callie is still sobbing herself to sleep each night. She does fine at school and she even laughed yesterday (once). But when night approaches, she realizes she has to get up and DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN (her words) and the tears begin. In between crying jags, she apologized for being a "magnet" and a "big cry baby." I told her she was neither of those things and it was ok to feel lost and stressed out because it was a big adjustment for her. I know she will start to feel more comfortable at the big, crowded, hard school where eight evil people have called her a "Sevie" so far (again, her words) but it breaks my heart to see her so sad all the time.
Sasha goes back to the vet tomorrow at 9am. I am praying that they will say her eye looks much better. She has come to really hate the vet, as have I for purely financial reasons. I saw this picture and imagined Sasha pulling a stunt like this tomorrow...

(Only Sasha would have to use her needle like teeth to accomplish such treachery)
Medicine time is still HELL. It takes 20 minutes of wrestling to get Sasha aka The Spawn of Satan's ear and eye drops done. As soon as she sees the medicine, her 8lb frame turns into a whirling dervish of paws and claws. Her head gains the ability to rotate 360 degrees and she can somehow bite Cortland, Callie and I simultaneously. I have the unenviable task of being the dog holder. (Well, I am supposed to be holding her but you trying "holding" a tornado of fangs) By the time we are done, my hands literally feel like bloody stumps.
Please, please let her be healing. It's Mason's 17th birthday today. It seems like only 17 years ago I was giving birth to him...lol.
His job is going well but he is putting in 12 hour days. He leaves for school around 7am, then he goes straight to work after school, and he finally gets home at 7pm. The long days are really taking a toll on him. He comes home grumpy and bleary eyed but he is sticking with it which makes me SO proud. He said tonight he just wants to order in a pizza because he is too tired to go out. I guess that's a sign of a true adult. Resting is #1 on your "to do" list. Even on your birthday!
Happy Birthday Mason! We all love you very, very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment