Bumble

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dayne and the flying kick of doom!


My nephew Dayne, fought in his first cage fight last Saturday night. I am not even sure what a "cage fight" is but we were all nervous about him fighting nonetheless. Dayne is very skilled at jujitsu, but he doesn't have any experience with boxing/cage fighting that I know of.

Here are the results:


Jeremy Horn's Elite Fight Night August recap

Jeremy Horn's Elite Fight Night 8-23-08, South Towne Expo Center, Sandy, UT

Dustin Collins vs. Dayne Aristizabal


In the classic puncher vs. grappler match, Dustin Collins showed that he's got the crisper standup, landing half a dozen solid chin shots to Dayne Aristizabal. Aristizabal is a very accomplished jiu-jitsu practitioner making his MMA debut, and he definitely showed he's raw in the striking game, but he was able to land several hard lefts to Collins' chin and caught him with a few knees, including a flying knee. By three minutes into the round, Aristizabal had eaten more than a dozen punches and Collins had gassed himself out. Aristizabal took advantage of Collins' sagging hands to land a fantastic right leg kick to the head that knocked Collins out immediately. The win came at 3:31 and Aristizabal had an exciting, successful first foray into MMA.

Yes! Dayne wouldn’t go down and he won by a TKO. Congratulations Dayne!!! We are all so proud of you!


Here are some pictures someone took of his fight:



Dayne looks so lithe and fit

I love the expression on his face in this picture. HARD CORE and determined!




The kick that ended it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! I'm so proud of him. I am glad all those years of lessons paid off!
I feel terrible that Callie is having such a hard time.