Bumble

Monday, August 25, 2008

Blogging and Blah

Welcome to my first blog on Blogger.com. Since I don't get to talk to or see my family and friends much anymore, I thought it may be easier and more interesting to update everyone with a blog. That way you can check in if you have a minute for updates on our boring lives. Hopefully, everyone will create their own page so we can stay a little more involved with the day to day things that happen in each others lives.

This month has been a stressful, draining month. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep but hopefully, the stress will start to subside and with it the bags under my eyes.



School started today for Mason, Cortland and Callie. Mason will be 17 on the 28th of this month and he is starting his junior year. Cortland is 14 and in 9th grade, his last year of junior high. Callie is 12 and she is a "Sevie". That is what the older kids call the seventh graders apparently. I guess it is supposed to be insulting but I think it's kind of funny.


I just talked to Callie who said today was "long and boring." Usually, Callie is in tears at the beginning of every school year so I will take long and boring over hysterics any day :) I have to admit, I was very worried about her starting junior high but I knew once she got used to it, she would be ok. She has matured and gained a lot of self confidence and she can handle the changes.


Cort said it was boring as well and he is "glad it's his last year there".

I haven't heard how Mason's first day back went. I sent him a text but usually he ignores me. He is annoyed by my interest in his life and by my love. I guess because he is a teenager but I keep telling him it's never going to change!

He started his first job last Thursday. He is working as a school janitor, but not at his school.

He said that would be "embarrassing" so he works with his best friend, Cody at a High school, or junior high (not sure which) Mon - Fri from 3:30 - 6:30. He is making $7 an hour to start and he will have to take the bus to get to work because it's too far to walk, but either me or Cody's mom will pick them up after. Mason said that the work was ok, but he liked the people and he liked that he didn't have to deal with the general public much and he could listen to his ipod while he worked. Today is his second day of work and his first day of riding public transportation. I guess we will see how it goes....


Our new puppy Sasha is currently causing me a great deal of concern.

Friday night Tony and I noticed her eye was swollen, red and full of puss. So I took her to the vet Saturday morning and they said that she had injured her eye somehow and it had become infected. She also has a yeast infection in her ears. So, I left $159 poorer, and thinking I should change Sasha's name to Cha-Ching since she is so accident/infection prone! They gave me four different medications to give her (two for her eyes, and two for her ears) and a collar for her to wear so she can't scratch or rub her eye and make it worse.



It makes me sad and sick to my stomach every time I look at her eye because it looks like it has a dent in it and it is all cloudy :( The vet told me there is a possiblity that she may need surgery on it if it doesn't heal in the next few days. Apparently, Shih-Tzu's are prone to eye injuries because they have no nose so they get their face close to everything. I have no idea how she injured it but I am praying our poor baby doesn't lose her eye because I am not sure I could handle that.

We are supposed to go back to the vets on Friday to have them recheck her eye and they told us to "keep doing what we are doing" but trying to medicate Sasha is a two-three person job. She is a wild woman and she cries like we are trying to kill her and visciously tries to bite everyone so medicine time is NOT fun.




As I mentioned, Thursday the 28th is Mason's birthday. All he wanted for his birthday was a flat panel HD tv. Well, I couldn't afford a flat panel but I was able to purchase my bosses old 60" HDTV for Mason. Tony and I had to rent a U-Haul to pick the TV up and my boss kept telling me how HUGE the TV was and I thought "Eh, all men say that" well...it was HUGE. I was sorta horrified and sorta delighted.

Somehow, we got the monster TV loaded onto the truck and unloaded and set up in Mason's room. Mason had gone to Idaho for the weekend with Cody so I cleaned and rearranged his room for the maximum WOW effect. Callie created a large bow for the TV and we wrapped it like a present and hung up a "Happy Birthday" banner in his room. When he came home we all followed him downstairs and he opened his door and said "OMG!!! Thank you Mom!! You are the best Mom in the whole world" *big smile* So I guess it was worth all the hassle because he is VERY happy with his birthday present.

No comments: