Making the card was fun and something I've always wanted to try. We were hoping Cortland wouldn't be offended by the "Chunky Monkey" part, but come on...that was pretty funny!
We kind of celebrated Cortland's birthday last weekend. We went to Sampan and got Chinese food with my friend Kim and her kids Lane and Lindsey and then we went to Nickelmania.
We had a lot of fun. I guess our teenagers must be nerds because they weren't embarrassed to be hanging out with their Mom's on Saturday night at Nickelmania at all.
Truth be told, I think the Mom's might have had more fun than the kids...
Callie has her leaner's permit and she is driving as often as she can. Driving with Callie is hilarious. She narrates and mutters the entire time and whenever we finally arrive home she claims that she is NEVER driving again because driving is too stressful. The next day she's forgotten all about the terrifying drive the day before and she eagerly jumps back in the drivers seat.
I've had a few rough weeks at work. Rough enough to make me seriously ponder making some drastic changes in my life. Callie is kind enough to listen to my complaining, and one day I came home to find that she had begged her friend to give her a ride, dug up what little cash she had and gone to the store after school to purchase me a bouquet of flowers.
I have no idea what I did deserve such love and devotion but I was deeply moved by by her thoughtfulness. I am lucky and blessed to have such amazing children. On a completely unrelated note, Karlee and Elaine stopped by last week for a quick visit. Here is a short video of Karlee dancing, proving she still gets cuter by the day.
Here is a new family favorite recipe that is easy and delicious. We make these about once a week. It doesn't sound like anything special but they are so good and I don't even particularly like pepperoni. One tip if you choose to try this recipe and you should, use the extra large crescent rolls. It makes rolling and stuffing them much easier. Tony likes to add green peppers, mushrooms and onions to his. We dip them in ranch and pizza sauce. YUM You can thank me later :)
Source: adapted from Dinner With The Donnells
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
4 cheese sticks, halved
1 (3.5 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
optional - marinara or ranch sauce for dipping
Garlic Butter Glaze:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Take each triangle of crescent roll dough and place about 6 pepperoni on the bottom of the triangle. Place half of a cheese stick on top and roll up. Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
While rolls are cooking, combine the melted butter, Italian seasonings, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
When rolls are done remove from the oven and brush with the garlic butter glaze. Serve with marinara or ranch for dipping.
Check out the full recipe (and many other yummy recipes) here: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2012/01/pepperoni-cheese-stick-roll-ups.html







No comments:
Post a Comment