The ugly Christmas sweater party was a success but I don't think Mom got the memo about the "ugly" Christmas sweater part. I complimented Denise on the wonderfully heinous sweater she was wearing (below) and told her that she could sell it on Ebay for a hefty sum because it looked like Christmas threw up on her. Mom overheard me and said "HEY!! That is my sweater and it's not ugly. I just wore that to church on Sunday!"
We ate, played Guesstures, sang some Christmas carols and re-enacted the Nativity story. Cortland and Eliza were Joseph and Mary.
Grandma and Steven were wise men and Devri & Callie were the Shepard's
What a cute little manager scene
Sophia and Jerika were the host of angels. Abbey and Emily were supervising
Here are some pictures of ugly or not so ugly sweaters. Thanks so much to everyone who came!
Devri Adams
Devri, Eliza, Jerika and Callie
Bryce and Sasha
Caroline
The Adam's Family
Silly girls
Jerika
You can't really tell but Steven, Abbey, Cortland, Callie, and my sweater all light up
Strangler Steve modeling his Sophia designed, ugly sweater contest winning creation
Abbey did not win her work ugly sweater contest but she totally should have. She was robbed I tell you, robbed!!! Maybe her "ugly" sweater was just too darn cute?
Poor Sophia was sick, she was running a fever and they had just come from instacare so they weren't able to stay very long but we were glad they came at all.
The dorky Allan's
Cort's sweater was my favorite
Poor Mason had four wisdom teeth pulled the same day of the party so we he was groggy and miserable. They also removed a cyst from his lower lip.
The kids were with us this Christmas eve and Christmas morning came and went in a few minutes. The presents were sparse under the tree this year and no one was very motivated to get out of bed to open them since they knew everything they were getting. Christmas with teenagers isn't very fun.
Callie got iphone from her Dad and mostly clothes from me. The shirt is right, Callie does in fact love Pink
Cort received an Itouch and some video games
Katie got a new Droid phone
Mason got money and Callie's old Itouch
I hope everyone had a wonderful 2011 Christmas. As always, I am grateful and relieved it's over. I am looking forward to 2012. Mason and Grandma are flying out to Orlando on 1/4/12 so we only have 9 days left with him before he moves. I am trying to remain calm but I must admit, the closer it gets the more freaked out I feel about my son moving 3000 miles away.



























No comments:
Post a Comment