Bumble

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Tony had to work on Mother's day (of course) so the kids and I went down to Mom's house to see what was going on. Steven and Abbey were there with Sophia and Denise's family came over later. It ended up being a lot of fun.

Steven and Sophia sittin in a tree


We went up to the cemetery and saw Ty's headstone.


Denise said her cat had kittens and we wanted to see them so we went to her house. Here is Jerika holding one of the kittens

They also have chickens


And a sheep and a horse! For someone who never liked animals, Denise sure has a lot of them.


Braedon took Callie for a ride on the dirt bike and Callie was terrified

The kids had a lot of fun running around and playing


I dubbed this contraption the "Thingy"


Crazy eyed Jerika


After we left Denise's we decided to go see Ruth and Elaine since they hadn't come to Mom's house. Karlee is still the cutest baby in the world!


Liza with Karlee


Callie with Karlee


Ruth, Devri, Callie and Karlee. CUTE!

And just because it's cute;

My Mother Kept A Garden

My Mother kept a garden,

a garden of the heart,

She planted all the good things

that gave my life it's start.

She turned me to the sunshine

and encouraged me to dream,

Fostering and nurturing

the seeds of self-esteem...

And when the winds and rain came,

she protected me enough-

But not too much because she knew

I'd need to stand up strong and tough.

Her constant good example

always taught me right from wrong-

Markers for my pathway

that will last a lifetime long.

I am my Mother's garden.

I am her legacy-

And I hope today she feels the love

reflected back from me

Author Unknown

3 comments:

Denise said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for taking and posting them.

Denise said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for taking and posting them.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my girls!!