Tony's Dad Frank, with Katie and Julie (Tony's mom) in October. He does not look like a heart attack waiting to happen, does he? Earlier this year, Mason found out he hadn't pass the Math portion of the UBSCT (which stands for the Utah Basic Standard Core Test or something like that) He got a 159 and needed a 160 to pass and if he doesn't pass, he can't get a regular diploma. Frustrating! So, Jimbo volunteered to tutor Mason and started coming over several times a week to help Mason study practice tests. Mason took the test again the first part of this month and was surprised because he would work a problem then look at the answer selections and the answer he thought it should be, was actually there. He was amazed and it's all thanks to Jimbo. We won't find out his score for months, but when we find out he did pass we are taking Jim out to dinner any where he wants. I am very proud of how hard Mason is working towards graduation. For many years he didn't care about school and he would always say he was dropping out but now he is soooo close, we can almost see the finish line. Mason is even talking about going to college after high school. Mason still has to make up 3 quarters of English to be able to graduate with his class so he is doing packets online. But, we are so proud of all of the positive changes he is making in his life. He has been working diligently and when he does graduate this June we will all celebrate!!
Speaking of celebrating, we just bought a ginormous patio set from Tony's sister for our huge, mostly empty patio out back. When we do have a party, we will have room for everyone. There are 12 chairs, a big table, a cooler, a storage chest, ottoman, three small side tables, a big couch and 2 love seats. Here is a picture:
I know you can't really see what it is in the picture and this is only part of the set but at least you sorta get the idea.Cortland will be 16 next month and he is currently taking Driver's Ed. He passed his written driver's test today so now he needs to go get his learner's permit at the Driver's License Division. All I can think is: "Didn't we just barely do this?" Unlike Mason, Cortland actually seems to want to drive and every night he says "Can we go driving Mom?" ARGH But he does look cute behind the wheel :)
Looks like we will need to be purchasing another teen mobile so all you people out there who have reliable, yet affordable cars please keep us in mind. My job has actually been bearable this week. I haven't wanted to kill anyone for days nor have I left thinking "I shall NEVER return" Ha. I hope this trend continues. Have I gotten used to it or has it just been a good week? I guess we shall see, but I feel my sanity slowly returning and I almost remember how to smile.
About a month ago, Tony bought "Super Mario Brothers" for the Wii.
He thought it would be a great game for all the family to play together however, no one would play with Tony. The boys thought it was lame and they mocked the 2-D graphics savagely. Callie thought it was "too hard" and I do not like video games. However, Tony begged me for weeks to play it with him. So, in the name of love and compromise I said I would. Surprisingly, it is really fun and I actually WANT to play it with him. We've even talked the kids into playing with us a few times and we laughed our heads off. I even dreamed about the game last night. Tony said I was talking in my sleep about it...funny but WEIRD. I suppose it's a nice change from my dreams about work. I guess you never really know what you will like unless you try? But for the record, Mason begged me to play a game on his X-box with him a few months ago and it was horrible. Many scary Zombies were chasing us and I ran around frantically trying to hide from them. Mason finally said disgustedly "You can just go upstairs Mom, it's taking 20 minutes to get through this level and it should only take 5. And you aren't supposed to run from the Zombies, you are supposed to shoot them" Whatever! I took my scolding and escaped upstairs. 
As you are probably aware, Sunday is Valentine's Day (or Valentime's day if you are Dayne) We will be going down to visit Ma and Pa Harper to celebrate my Dad's birthday with him. My mom actually EMAILED me to invite me. My mom learned how to email!! You can teach an old dog new tricks so HA. Callie wants to make a fruit pizza dessert. She ate a slice of fruit pizza a few weeks ago at a baby shower and she hasn't stopped talking about it. So it seems we will be bringing fruit pizza and a salad. See ya all Sunday!
1 comment:
Sounds groovy, baby! Fruit pizza sounds weird but yummy. Your new patio set sound like it's to die for (not literally) and we shall come see you soon.
Post a Comment