Bumble

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween 2009




As you can see from the slide show above, we had our annual Halloween party on October 24. It was a lot of fun but I was disappointed that neither Ruth's or Gay's family, nor Jim showed up :( We ate dinner and played boo'ingo and the kids had a lot fun winning prizes.

Tony had to dress up for work on Halloween. His costume was inspired by this cartoon:


Tony was NOT an attractive woman but everyone loved his costume.

I didn't get a close up of the kitten but I made it look dead by sewing "X's" over it's eyes and putting fake blood on it. Then I attached it to Tony's over stuffed butt.

Don't you love the leggin's???

I made a "Lost Kitten" sign that Tony carried around.
He took second place in the costume contest. Tony would have won, but he won first place last year so they didn't think it would be fair to let him win two years in a row.

Callie had gone with her Dad on Halloween since it was the weekend. So, I took Mason, Cortland and Mason's friend Austin to dinner and then we went to see the much hyped movie:

I don't know what all the "scariest movie ever made" fuss is about. It really wasn't scary, unless you think getting haunted by a three toed sloth demon is scary of course.

I started my new job on Monday Nov 2. It's going ok but there is always an adjustment period. I am sure it will get better once I get used to it. I am very, very grateful to have found employment. I was only out of work for a month but it was a long, stressful month. It is a terrible time to be out of work. There are not many jobs out there and the ones that are advertised don't pay well and there are hundreds of applicants for every opening. I just read in the paper yesterday that the unemployment rate is now at 10.2%! I had applied for numerous jobs and besides Mountain America CU, never even got an interview anywhere else.

I really hope this job works out. I need some stability in my life and it would be nice not have to worry every day like I did for the last year about losing my job. Unlike Bryant, the agent I now work for is extremely busy. That can be really overwhelming at times because I feel like there are not enough hours in the day to be able to get everything done, BUT I know that being busy gives me job security so I won't complain!!

No comments: