Here is the kitchen after we put new stainless steel and black appliances in. I still want to completely remodel the kitchen but it looks MUCH better with the new appliances, doesn't it? We had to remove/rearrange cabinets to get everything to fit but you can't really tell (can you?)
The old dishwasher was HORRIBLE and I couldn't wait to toss it.
I have no idea how the previous owners lived in the house with the way things were. Nothing worked right. We have replaced the: dishwasher, range, microwave, fridge, garbage disposal, 3 toilets (none of them would flush the waste. They kept over flowing and it was DISGUSTING) the thermostat, garage door opener, all of the exterior door handles and several broken/missing blinds. We have also replaced light fixtures throughout the house but we still have many, many more to go. We have also cut down at least 5 trees and about 5 large bushes as well. Our back patio is heaped with debris,
so we are getting a dumpster Monday to throw it all in. There are about 3 more trees we would like to cut down eventually. We still need to replace the roof and both of the dangerous, rickety wooden decks and fix the soffit and fascia in the master bedroom because there is a large hole and we have a family of pigeons who have apparently been whooping it up in our attic for years according the neighbor. Arrrgh!
Despite the long and ever growing list of things we need to fix in our "new" house, we all really like our home. The neighbors have all been very nice and welcoming, there is tons of shopping and my commute to work is shorter. It's nice to have so much space and we are loving the three bathrooms! (Except for when I have to clean, then I want my little house back) But, I think my favorite thing about our new house is the view off our back patio...
Stunning isn't it? I sit in my huge jetted master tub and feel like I am Queen of the world and I forget for a moment that my decks are death traps and pigeons are in my ceiling. I took this one morning while I was watching the sunrise...ahhhhh beauty, peace and serenity.
Callie went in for her 1 month check up and her doctor said everything looked great. Here is her after x-ray:

Freaky and disturbing but WOW!!!!
2 comments:
Looking groovy! You guys are quite the little go getters. I can just hear what MY neighbors would tell the next owners..."and they NEVER opened their blinds. And they NEVER did yard work..." LMAO.
I love it!!! I can't wait to see the house when we come home
Post a Comment