Bumble

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

7 days

We are moving into our new(er) house in 7 days. I close on Monday, July 27th and we are going to start moving some of our stuff into the new house that night. But, we aren't picking up the moving truck until Tuesday so I hope that everyone that said they would come and help us move all of the BIG stuff, really do show up or I will be a cripple by Wednesday :)

We have already been packing up stuff that we won't need in the next week (which is pretty much everything) and my house is filling up with boxes:

My garbage can is full too. It's amazing how many completely empty boxes had been hogging up space in my pantry. How hard is it to throw away an empty box kids? I mean seriously!!!!

Callie's surgery was only 20 days ago but she is doing amazingly well. You would never know she had major surgery except for the ginourmous incision of course...
Callie is totally off her pain meds and has figured out how to do almost everything by herself. She said it doesn’t hurt at all unless she bumps it or moves wrong. She is back to her funny, feisty self and half the time I forget she is still a fragile little monkey.

Callie had been SO excited to move until we started packing. For some reason, that upset her. She was sad because she is going to miss our house and it’s the only house she has ever known and what if no one at her new school likes her etc? All valid concerns and I understand exactly how she feels but I think all of the kids will make friends fast and I have felt strongly all along that this is what we are supposed to be doing. Though I know it won’t be easy, it is the right thing for us. Cort is really stressed too and he keeps having nightmares about his new school. I am worried about all of the changes too. I hate change as much as they do and I know it will be awhile before it feels like “home” but I hope we look back in six months and think “I would never go back!!”

All in all, it’s been a crazy, busy month but hopefully the worst of it is over. I will be so glad to move and then I only have to worry about maintaining one house. I have no idea how I have stayed sane through Callie's surgery, buying, selling and working on BOTH houses. I have been getting very little sleep because I am up late trying to get things done or I go to bed and lie there and worry and worry. NOT FUN!! It will all be worth it though right? RIGHT PEE WEE!?!?!

No comments: