I dropped Mason off, late of course and was hurrying to take Cortland, Callie and Cort’s friend Ryan to school. I went down a street that I never go down because the car in front of me was going really slow and I was sick of following them so I took a different route from the norm. As I approached the intersection, the light was turning yellow so I stepped on the gas. A lady in an SUV who was trying to make a left turn, decided to go right in front of me. I slammed on my brakes and was somehow able to get away with just barely clipping her rear fender. I was thinking "LOVELY. I guess no one is going to be on time today!" but I pulled over and called the police.

No one was hurt, but Callie was freaking out. She did manage to calm down as we waited for the police to arrive. The police officer cited the other driver for failing to clear the intersection but let me go. Of course now, the other ladies insurance company is trying to say I ran a red light and “they aren’t 100% responsible.” I know this is how insurance companies play the game but it is infuriating. I told them exactly what the cop told me, that it was the other driver’s responsibility to clear the intersection and she did not do that. My light was yellow and I had every right to proceed through the intersection but now I am stressed worrying about the stupid insurance company and repair drama. Oh well. These things happen and I shouldn't worry about things I can't control, right?
My car has minor damage on the front, right passenger side, the turn light is broken and there is a dent but it’s drivable.

I really didn’t even care about the damage, I was just happy everyone was ok because it could have been A LOT worse.
Remember the Mary Chapin Carpenter song that says "The stars are stacked against you girl, get back in bed?" I wish I could...
1 comment:
what a day!!! I would have went home and called in sick!
Post a Comment