Bumble

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas break and Thank God it's over!!!

This Christmas was much smaller than previous ones. You can thank the economy for that, but it was less stressful for me and probably less fun for the kids. We had a HUGE snow storm Christmas day. It was horrible trying to get around in it so we only went where we absolutely had to go.
As you can see, the snow in some parts of town was almost as tall as my car! SO I didn't make it down to my Mom's until Saturday. But we had a lot of fun when we finally did make it down. Grandma & Grandpa took me, Callie, Denise and her kids, and Uncle Jim out to lunch. Thanks Mom and Dad! Here we are at Bajio's:

(Tony bought me a new camera for Christmas so I have pictures of everything)
There was too much food to eat in one sitting so we all got take out boxes and wrote our name on our lid. Callie wrote her name and a bit more and I thought it was quite funny so here is a picture of that too:


Ha ha! How does she come up with this stuff!? (you can click to make it bigger if you can't read it)

Our first shopping stop was Wal-mart. For some reason, Liza decided she wanted her ears pierced, so we all gathered around to support her.

While she was getting marked up, we reminisced about when we got our ears pierced. I told Denise's kids about how she pierced my second holes when I was in the 8th grade using ice, a needle and a potato. NOT FUN!! The kids thought that was a funny story even though I'm pretty sure they thought I made it up. Liza was very brave...

She didn't even flinch...

And then, she was pierced and happy! We were very proud of how brave she was.


Our next stop was the mall. We shopped and shopped, for bargains of course. It fun but as you can see, by the end of the day, the little ones were worn out.


2 comments:

scrapcat said...

The little ones, HELL...this BIG one was worn out too!

Anonymous said...

you need to blog again mother.