Bumble

Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Madness (It's contagious)

I took Mason and Cortland to the Driver License division yesterday because Cort needed to get his learners permit and Mason lost his license so he had to get a new one. I have heard horror stories of people who had to wait in line for 3 hours because of the new legislation that made renewing your driver's license by mail or online no longer possible. We got up extra early and we were standing in line at the Draper Driver License when it opened at 7am. We actually breezed through fairly quickly except for the eye test that they made Cortland take. They told him to read the top line, which Cort read something like this: "A....17....Zebra....The Artist formerly known as Prince....X???" and the lady said in a nervous voice, "Are you reading the top line?" So I handed Cort my glasses, since his haven't arrived yet and said "He needs glasses." and then he read the top line just fine. I am glad that task is over and Mason is once again legal and Cort was pretty excited to get his learner's permit. I think he feels like a big man now.

Since yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, I decided to make Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner and have a traditional Irish feast. Unfortunately, the kids did not care for it at all and unanimously voted that we never have it again. RUDE! Where is their sense of adventure??

I have been thinking a lot lately about all of the blessings our family has received over the last year. It's been a hard year, but it's been a good year in many ways too. I am VERY glad we moved and I am thankful that we had the opportunity to do so. I think that this house was supposed to be ours. We love living here and feel so lucky that everything worked out the way it did. Callie was telling me the other day that she wouldn't go back to West Valley for "a million dollars" and that she has much better friends here than she ever did there and how much safer she feels and how much happier she is. This is Callie's best friend Mackenzie.
Cortland and Mason say the same thing. Everyone seems like they have adjusted and benefited from the move which is a huge relief because it was one of the scariest things I have ever done and I am NEVER moving again so they better like it here!

Callie and Katie were bored last night and this was the result...

The are crazy but they look kinda cute don't they?

I am not sure what is going on with Sasha in this picture here but whatever it is, it's HILARIOUS (click to enlarge)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I DIDNT SAY ZEBRA!!! I SAID THE LETTERS!!