Bumble

Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's a good thing this week is almost over

Life is beginning to fall into a routine around our house. It may not be a fun routine, but a routine is comforting anyway. We get up at 6:30 every morning after staying up too late, Mason and Cort leave for school at 7am and I take Callie to school at 7:25am. Tony takes Katie to school at 8:10 then I leave for work at 9am. Why am I telling you the uninteresting details of our life? I DON'T KNOW

Every week gets a little better. Cortland talked to a boy yesterday, or I should say, a boy talked to Cortland since Cort would never initiate a conversation, but anyway, the boy was lingering alone in the hall at lunch time and come to find out, he was also new to the school. In fact, he'd moved from VIRGINIA so he was really, really new. He told Cortland that the kids here were a lot different than where he came from and Cort agreed. They also realized they have a class together so maybe it is the making of a friendship?? (born from desperation but we will take what we can get) Mason told me a few days ago that three girls had given him their number and HE HADN'T EVEN ASKED FOR THEM. I wasn't sure if Mason thought that was a good thing or a scary thing, but it's a thing so I shall report it. Mason drove down to Spanish Fork last weekend all by himself to spend the three day weekend with Ty. He was nervous but he did it and he ended up having a lot of fun. I am so impressed by how much he's grown in just the last month. Baby steps? Yes, but he is still making progress.


I had to take Sasha to the vets last week because she had a swollen gland in her neck, $120 later we are told she has an infected salivary gland which they treated with medication. I am taking Jetz to the vet today at 4:15 because he was up all night whining and acting like he did last time he had impacted anal glands. I found myself googling “How to add Fiber to dogs diet” early this morning (because that helps so they don’t get impacted glands in the first place) and I thought:

“This is what my life has become? THIS!? Googling how to keep dog butt glands healthy? KILL ME NOW!!!!”

Alas, this is my life but you know what they say: "Life is like a
motivational posters Pictures, Images and Photos
LOL Ok, "they" don't really say that but you have to admit, it was funny :) Or maybe I am just really tired...

2 comments:

Gay said...

That picture of Jetz and Sasha lying there back to back is ADORABLE. I wish Holly and Tolkien had developed a friendship like that. Tolkien would lay back to back with Ash, but never Holly who he seems to feel took over HIS family in a regegade heist. Fat idiot. I am getting excited about moving maybe...

Gay said...

PS I really can spell renegade. I'm just not feeling up to par.