Bumble

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our garden

This is a our garden. Tony has taken in over this year and it's doing better than it ever has thanks to his obsession. He has spent hundreds enhancing the soil, buying plants and 3 or 4 different kinds of miracle grow. I don't know what happened to him because he never cared about gardening when I first met him but now he loves it. He really has a knack for it too!
We already have tomatoes!
And a baby bell pepper
Tony has planted so many things he ran out of room in the garden so he planted things it the sand pile under the tramp.
Soon he was out of room there as well, so then he built a garden box
I plant my beloved herbs in pots. I have rosemary, two different kinds of thyme, oregano, mint, chives, basil, cilantro etc.
For 16 years this side of my house was an ugly eyesore. It was too shady for grass to grow so it was always a weedy, mud pit. Last year Tony and I turned it into a lighted rock garden pathway. I am very happy with how it turned out.
Here is a close up of the ground cover I planted next to my yard lights to add a little texture and color.
While we work in the garden, Sasha sits staring at this hole in the fence. She did this day after day and we thought she had lost her mind until we realized our neighbors have a dog and she sits there hoping to catch a glimpse of it.
When Sasha finally does see/hear him she gets very excited
*wag wag wag * pant pant pant* "Hi friend! Hiiiiiiiiiii!" Or at least that is what I assume she is saying. I guess she could be saying "Heeeereee's Johnny!" or something creepy like that?

1 comment:

The Knaus' in N.C. said...

Your garden looks awesome. I think it could compare to Frank and Julies :) give them a run for their money lol